Thursday 11 August 2011

.When I Grow Up...


Today's frustrations with my job...slaving for the man.. got me to thinking about when i was little and all the hopes and dreams i had for my grown up life..
When you were young you truly did believe that the key to bringing all those dreams to life really was simply growing up!! Once your full grown you will be allowed to be a Ballerina...why? because your old enough to travel without your Mum and Dad of course! When you grow up of course you will be an astronaught, because you will be brave enough to shoot into outer space with out your blanket.....

What did you truly in your heart of hearts believe you were going to grow up to be???...

The day i decided i was going to be a big co-orporate woman...I was about 12... following Mum and Dad around St George's Tce at lunch time...and there were these beautiful women everywere! In their fancy suits and their tall heels that made such a loud noise down the footpath that everyone would turn to look...they seemed so important and confident swinging their black shiny brief cases by their side...... and away went my imagination....i was going to work in a tall sparkling building...i would have a beautiful apartment in the city and go to amazing parties...my wardrobe would be extensive and fancy and imported from all over the globe....
Fast Forward 11 years... I succeeded in school, took 5 TEE, graduated, got a business certificate, entered the Mining game and now have made it to Offshore Oil & Gas ... running administration and accounts....and at the end of the day there is no Penthouse Apartment in a high rise building..my work building sure is not tall or sparkling.. people treat you like a mindless slave.... and the amazing parties i attend have nothing to do with the job i do...

Life is so simple and beautiful through the eyes of the child... maybe i need to start looking at life simply again and shrug off the pressure we put on ourselves of how life should be now we are 'adult'...or maybe this is Day 1 of begining a new dream and taking a new life path ....create a new 'When I Grow Up' dream..
But I do have to add my dream  didn't turn out all that bad...i did score myself Prince Charming along the way and that extensive wardrobe ;)

I hope all your childhood dreams turned out in one way or another ....

xoxox

8 comments:

  1. I found my Prince Charming too! Though every other dream I had hasn't happened yet. Then again, I never really was an ambitious child lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. what did I want to be when I grew up? I truly cant remember anything more than being happy which I am.
    Mind you, I dont think I have grown up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in high school I was active in drama and the master of ceremonies for some stage programs as well as the public address announcer at athletic events. I dreamed of becoming a radio personality (TV was very new at the time). I auditioned for a job and discovered I had a (whistling "s") when I spoke, that I couldn't correct even after some dental work and practice speaking. My career turned out to be as a member of the USA military, and I'm proud of my service to my country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I grew up I wanted to be a rockstar. Mission accomplished!

    Sorta. In my mind anyway.

    I'm glad that you have your Prince Charming and wardrobe though, love. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly can't remember what was on my mind as a child regarding my grown up life. All in all I am pretty satisfied with the way it turned out and I am still evolving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ironically, my dream as a child was exactly like yours. I was going to live in a penthouse apartment in New York City, and work in a big office building. Instead I opted for being a mom, a wife, and I got into the banking career and worked my way up to management and then changed my path to production management. I've no regrets. Not one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Como observado anteriormente, play bazaar satta king a maioria das pessoas experimentam ansiedade em um ponto ou outro, play bazaar satta king mas problemas sérios de ansiedade podem mantê-lo trancado em um mundo escuro e solitário.

    ReplyDelete
  8. . There may not be any acceptable properties accessible, or maybe the details of the arrangements you are offered are wrong. Never let your gatekeeper down and choose a deal.AAPKI NEWS
    AAP KI NEWS

    ReplyDelete