Thursday 22 September 2011

The 4 Temperaments...

 


As I mentioned in yesterday's blog I have been rummaging through old Year 12 treasures...I then proceeded to torture you with the adolecent poetry... during my expedition through countless boxes I also stumbled across 'The 4 Temperaments' Test we were made to take during health to better understand ourselves as growing human beings... I also found my results...which to this day I still dispute (I even re-took this test online to see if my results had changed...they had not) I am a strong Melancholic (The part that freaks me out) followed closely by Choeric (The part I can deal with) ... My school notes on my temperament types - especially the Melancholic, were highly depressing as I could not find very many positive attributes about the temperament type...I gave up and resigned myself to the fact that I was to grow old alone and lonely with 10 Billion cats (Melancholic) thatI had rigedly and perfectly trained into  a marching band (Choleric)...Which thank goodness has not been the case...
So I decided I was going to research my types again and hopefully find more postive attributes ... to cheer myself up...how self-indulgent....and this is what I found....

The Idealist (Melancholic) Temperament

"Idealists pride themselves on being loving, kindhearted, and authentic"

Attributes

Positive attributes:
analytical, authentic, behaved, believing, calm, caring, chart maker, communicative, compassionate, conscientious, considerate, creative, cultured, deep, deliberate, dependable, detail conscious, disciplined, emotional, empathic, enthused, enthusiastic, ethical, even-tempered, faithful, fervent, genuine, helpful, idealistic, industrious, inspired, intuitive, loyal, musical, nurturing, orderly, organized, perfectionist, persistent, personal, planner, pleasing, precise, prophetic, psychic, relating, reliable, respectful, scheduled, self-sacrificing, sensitive, serious, sincere, spiritual, subjective, sympathetic, systematic, thoughtful, understanding, unifier, unworldly, visionary, warm, well-behaved, well-organized.

The Rationalist (Choleric) Temperament

"Rationals pride themselves on being ingenious, independent, and strong willed".

Attributes

Positive attributes:
action-oriented, adventurous, ambitious, analyzing, assertive, bold, calm, capable, chief, collected,
competent, competitive, conceptual, confident, cool, courageous, daring, decisive, demanding,
determined, direct, dominant, driver, efficient, forceful, generative, global, identifier, independent,
ingenious, inventive, leader, logical, objective, opinionated, outspoken, persuasive, positive,
powerful, pragmatic, proactive, productive, progressive, resourceful, responsible, results-oriented,
ruler, self-assured, self-directed, self-reliant, serene, skilled, strong-willed, task-oriented ,tenacious,
tranquil.

Now these are character traits that I agree with...and are incredibly inspiring...
anyway I am super interested to know all which of the temperaments you are...
If you have never actually taken the test here is the link...I'm dying to know more about you all .....

www.ptypes.com/temperament_test.html


XoXo...

5 comments:

  1. I think it is amazing when if we can go and look back at things we did or wrote when we where younger and at times it is like wow did I really think like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...what do you think I am?? Choleric!! haha... but over the years they have started to even out... but Choleric is still to top!!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess!!!! Do you know what is so funny... It was in one of Boyd's CP classes that we did this temperment test hehehe <3
    You are SO the strong willed Choleric hehe <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY!!! Bahahahahaha thats funny, he probably still does it in his CP classes!!.... well I WAS SO strong willed, but ive seemed to mellow out in my old age...no im serious! ... I blog too...check it out! Love ya xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uma vez que essas áreas problemáticas foram localizados, é possível tentar removê-los de sua vida. Se você é incapaz de removê-los completamente, você pode, talvez, satta king play bazaar diminuí-los.

    ReplyDelete